Highlights of Lesotho, 3 Day Tour from Underberg
The mountain kingdom of Lesotho is out-of-this world for its sheer mountain beauty. Combine that with its unique culture where the people have combined a 21st approach to certain day-to-day activities whilst holding onto their culturally unique way-of-life and it blends into an amazing experience.
Our guests are often visiting Lesotho whilst on holiday in South Africa. We have perfected a 3-day tour which incorporates many of the top things to do in Lesotho, despite being on a time budget.
Of course, Lesotho has even more amazing things to do and see, but we feel that this tour has become a favourite because it packs so much into just 3 days of overland in Lesotho!
Sani Pass, Lesotho Cultural Immersion, Drakensberg Bushmen Paintings, Dinosaur Footprints, Modern-day Cave Dwellers and Semonkong…
Please have a look at our itinerary for more detailed info of this tour.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Himeville/Underberg – We arrange our departure from the Himeville Museum on Arbuckle Street – the main street – in Himeville (view map), alternatively we can pick you up from your accommodation.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive by 7.45 AM for a prompt departure at 8.00 AM.
We can also start the Lesotho tour from Durban.
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 6.00 PM on day 3.
We suggest an overnight in Underberg, but we can arrange that you transferred back to Durban.
|WEAR||In the warmer months (October – March)– dress in light-weight clothing but bring a warm jacket, as the weather can change drastically. In the colder months (April – September) – dress very warmly.|
|DO NOT FORGET||Your passports (and VISA if required)
Personal Items, including warm clothing and comfortable shoes
|VISA REQUIREMENTS||Please click here for Lesotho VISA requirements.|
3 Day / 2 Night Itinerary
- Bird Haven
- Semonkong Lodge
- Sani Pass
- Cultural Immersion – a visit to a local Basotho village
- Roof of Africa Route – amazing views from the top of Africa!
- Bushman Paintings – interesting history into the nomadic bushmen
- Dinosaur Footprints – dating millions of years back at the Subeng stream
- Kome Caves – a unique cave dwelling dating back to the time that cannibals inhabited Lesotho
- Thaba Bosiu – the epicentre of Lesotho’s Culture and History
- Capital City – Maseru a thriving African CBD
- Maletsunyane Falls – One of the longest single-drop falls in Africa
- Depart at 8am in our guided 4wd vehicle in Underberg and proceed into Lesotho Via Sani Pass
- Picnic Lunch
- Cultural tour
- Visit the Bushman Paintings & Dinosaur Footprints in the afternoon
- Check-in at Bird Haven at approx. 5:00pm
- Breakfast at 8:00am
- Visit the Kome Caves & Thaba Bosiu
- Lunch in the capital city of Maseru
- Afternoon drive into the highlands to Semonkong Lodge
- Check-in at Semonkong at approx. 5:00pm
- Breakfast at 7:30am
- Hike / 4wd Drive to the Maletsunyane Falls
- Depart the Lesotho highlands via passes that enter South Africa at Qacha’s Nek
- Lunch in South Africa at Matatiele, return to Underberg