- Family friendly
- Meals included
- Overland Tours
- South Africa
- Tour Type
THIS TOUR FEATURES: ROOF OF AFRICA – LESOTHO, ART CAPITAL – CLARENS, BIG 5 – NAMBITI.
This exclusive ‘berg and bush’ tour combines the beauty of the Drakensberg Mountains – a world heritage site – with a luxury big-5 bush experience at Nambiti Private Game Reserve, the culture in Lesotho and art of Clarens.
Starting and ending in Durban we offer this tour as a private guided tour.
From the bustling cityscape of Durban we take you to the one of the most picturesque but remote places in the world. At the top of Sani Pass, just over 2870 metres above sea level is the Sani Mountain Lodge. This is our first night’s stop and an amazing vista to kick-off your tour into rugged Lesotho landscape.
From Sani Top follow the Roof of Africa, the highest mountain vista’s south of Kilimanjaro. Along the way, immerse yourself into the lives of the intriguing and beautiful people of the mountains – the blanket people.
Our next stop is the quaint and arty town of Clarens, set in the beautiful golden mountains of the region. The streets are lined with coffee shops, local artisans and galleries which creates a beautiful vibe.
Just a stone’s throw away is the call of the wild, enroute we travel through the Golden Gate National Park.
Nambiti is the only game reserve in the area with the Big 5 and currently has over 40 other species of game including cheetah, giraffe, hippo, hyena, impala, eland and zebra.
This is perfect mix of of art, culture, natural beauty and wildlife!
|Destination||Clarens, Lesotho, Maloti-Drakensberg Park, Nambiti Private Game Reserve|
- Depart from Durban at 6am
- Sani Pass
- Lunch at Sani Mountain Lodge
- Blanket Presentation
- Ride to Basotho Village (approx. 1 hour on horseback) – weather dependant
- Immersive Basotho Cultural Experience
- Sundonwers at 3140m ASL
- Overnight at Sani Mountain Lodge or similar
- Includes Lunch and Dinner
- Head towards Clarens (an arty, eclectic town that’s full of life) on the Roof of Africa route
- Highest mountain passes in Southern Africa 3222m ASL
- Home to the Worlds highest Diamond mine, volcanic pipes have provided diamonds and hot water springs
- Lunch at Afriski
- Bushmen Paintings
- Head out of Lesotho to Clarens through the beautiful Clarens rock formations
- Arts and culture in Clarens
- Overnight at Baris or similar
- Includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Golden Gate National Park
- Lunch en-route
- Checkin to Nambiti by 1pm
- Full day spent in Nambiti at Ndaka Lodge or similar
- Transfer back to Durban, arrival back at approx. 5pm